Cuminy Roasty Potatoes
- 4 new potatoes
- half a head of cauliflower
- 1 small onion
- 3T (roughly) each: whole cumin seed, mustard seed, coriander seed
- 1/2t (roughly) each: ground coriander, ground cumin
- 1/4t chili flakes
- healthy dose freshly ground salt (more than you expect - roasted potatoes can take a lot of salt)
- 3 capfulls lemon juice (roughly 3t)
- 1t sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 Convec Roast and spray roasting pan lightly with oil.
- Cut potatoes into quarters (or eighths, if they're big) and boil until just soft (don't overboil or they'll fall apart in the pan).
- Slice cauliflower into large florettes, slice onion into large pieces, and place in roasting pan.
- Add the parboiled potatoes to the roasting pan, lightly drizzle with oil (just to coat. Don't use more than 2T or it'll be greasy), and toss with whole and ground spices.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, tossing only if cauliflower is getting too brown. When nearly done, add sugar, lemon juice, and a bit more salt, toss well, and roast for another 10 minutes. If potatoes aren't roasty enough, increase heat to 400 for the last 10 minutes.