based on 2 servings
- day old Focaccia Bread
- 1 red or orange pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small Japanese eggplant
- 1 roma tomato
- 4 spears asparagus
- 2 small portabello mushrooms
- 4 slices West Best Vegetarian ham
- 4 leaves fresh basil
- 4T diced sundried tomatoes
- broccoli, garlic, or alfalfa sprouts
- fresh greens (spinach)
- pesto sauce
- honey mustard
- cheese (swiss, gouda)
- 2T balsamic vinegar
- 2T tamari
- 1T olive oil
- 1T pomegranate molasses
- 1.5t fennel seeds
- 1/2t each thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary
- Thinly slice eggplant, rub each side with salt, and strain over the sink for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice zucchini, quarter bell pepper, thinly slice tomato, and remove bottom inch of asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 375 Convection Roast.
- Rinse eggplant and dab with a tea towel.
- Prepare marinade by combining wet ingredients in a bowl and dry ingredients in a mortar and pestle. Mix the dry ingredients until fennel is ground.
- Arrange the zucchini and eggplant on lined cookie sheets. Arrange bell pepper and asparagus on a separate lined cookie sheet. Brush all the veggies generously with marinade. Sprinkle with herbs and then grind fresh black pepper and salt overtop.
- Remove stems from portabello mushrooms and place upside down in a rimmed dish. Pour remaining marinade into the mushroom cups and cover with aluminum.
- Place all the veggies except for peppers in the oven. Roast the mushrooms for 30 minutes. Roast zucchini and eggplant until slightly dryer and browned.
- Broil bell peppers and asparagus until bubbly, and briefly panfry ham.
- Build your sammich as desired, with cheese on the top. Place under broiler before enjoying!