Heather's Rockin' Pie Pastry
- 2-1/2c flour
- 1c COLD shortening, cut into about 8 pieces
- 1t salt
- 2/3c of 1 egg yolk and milk
- Mix flour and salt together. Cut in shortening about 2 pieces at a time. Should resemble small peas.
- Beat together yolk and milk
- Pour liquid onto flour combination and mix together until in a ball. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Break dough into three pieces (or 2 if you're using big pie plates), and roll out.
- Add filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes ( I think).