White Choco Brownies with Caramel Sauce
- 1/2c butter
- 1-1/4c brown sugar
- 2t instant coffee
- 1t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1c flour
- 3/4c chopped white chocolate
- 3/4c chopped toasted pecans
Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 1c sugar
- 3T cold water
- 2/3c whipping cream
- Cream butter and sugar. Add coffee, vanilla, and eggs.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased pan. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until top is just a bit soft.
- Cool, then cut into squares.
- While the brownies are cooling, heat sugar and water in a saucepan on medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- Cook, without stirring, until mixture is a golden caramel colour, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn.
- Remove from heat and carefully add cream. Mixture will bubble up vigorously. If mixture doesn't smooth out, return to heat for a few minutes and stir until smooth.
- Cool sauce until thick and sticky. Drizzle caramel over squares and place a pecan half on each.